Defrag.NSF+ It just gets better.
If you wish to target a single or multiple databases manually for maintenance, you can do this by selecting a database (or multiple db's) in the left most column and then using the “Action → Select for …… and choose Defrag or Optimization (you can also deselect the options).
This will place a Green tick in the Defrag/DBMT columns for those databases.
If you then click “Run now on selected database(s)", Defrag.NSF+ will perform the following optimizations on the databases flagged:
- Purge deletion stubs
- Expire soft deleted entries
- Enable Document Compression
- Enable LZ1 Compression
- Enable Design Compression
- Ignore Overwrite Freespace
- Implement DAOS attachment separation
- Pull the views from the database
- Update views
- Reorganize folders
- Merge full-text indexes
- Update unread lists
- Ensure that critical views are created for failover
- Compact the database
- Update the ODS if required
- Defragment the database
So it is really easy to target a database that needs attention and that's a lot of mileage for a couple of clicks.