Thursday, July 24, 2014

No Auslug this year - from one of the Best to a non-event in three years.

It was rather sad to hear today that there will be no Auslug this year. I'm not sure why but my best guess is the ecosystem that was IBM Lotus in Australia is now so ill that a free event just can't be supported. I've written about this previously.

As previously mentioned, the people that try to organise these events do an amazing job but it all comes at a cost. They need vendor support and vendors need customer who are willing to buy stuff.


The committee is trying to put together an event for 2015 after ConnectED. I wish them all the best and can only hope IBM can regenerate mind share with iNotes.next mail for what is left of 2014.

Would people pay to come to an event. I'm not sure, what do you guys think ?


No comments: