Tuesday, November 15, 2011

10 Reasons why I'll probably read your email.

Recently Paul linked to 10 reasons why someone will not read a recipients email.

I'd like to suggest 10 reasons why maybe you should:

1. You took time to write to me. (if it's important to you it then might also be important to me)

2. It would be rude if I didn't (especially if you are a potential/existing customer or Business Partner)

3. Email is our primary business tool for communications

4. You might have a good suggestion

5. You might be a customer who needs help (and if you are, "my rules" about why I won't read/reply, may not mean Jack %&$# to you)

6. It only takes seconds to say 'sorry I can't help' or 'no I'm not interested' (Try it - It actually works!)

7. If you spam me, I pass that off to our spam filter - it won't happen again

8. I tend to turn off twitter, facebook and other interrupters for extended periods of time during the day

9. I only check my inbox a couple of times a day, so it tends not to interrupt my workflow

10. Its OK to collaborate.

Anyway just food for thought.

1 comment:

serdar said...

Adam, this is an excellent post...

Until becoming CEO of a multibillion dollar company, "I don't like your e-mail" would be a very ridiculous reason to ignore :)