Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Do you backup your Office 365 tenant?

The Australian Government lists backups in its Essential Eight - "Strategies to Mitigate Cyber Security Incidents," it states:

"Daily backups of important new/changed data, software and configuration settings, stored disconnected, retained for at least three months. Test restoration initially, annually and when IT infrastructure changes."

But I wonder who out there is doing that?

What would that report card look like?

 I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

 The good news is if you're using the Preemptive Email Vault you've got email content covered.


2 comments:

Eric Mack said...

I do. I use a Synology NAS and they have a plugin to backup Office 365 Tenants as well as OneDrive and now SharePoint. I have this running every 10 minutes and I have recovered things a few times.

I hope that helps.

Adam Osborne said...

Thanks for the feedback. I reckon you are one of the very few who do it, and in the best possible position if something goes wrong. Well done.