1. Edit the notes.ini on the server and do the following:
- Remove Updall from the ServerTasksAt2 parameter. (When you run this tool, you no longer need to run updall; do not run them both).
- Add the parameter MailFileDisableCompactAbort=1 (This parameter prevents the router from interrupting the compact operations by delivering mail; delivery restarts after the compact operations complete).
- The dbmt tool does not compact system databases. The tool uses a specific list of databases, as follows, for this exception:
2. Go to the DBMT Schedule tab in Defrag.NSF and set the schedule and options you want. In the pic below DBMT maintenance will run each night at 2:30am and then Defrag.NSF will clean up the fragmentation automatically.
This simple setup described above will perform a fully automated workflow of the following maintenance as required:
Purges deletion stubs
Expires soft deleted entries
Merges full-text indexes
Updates unread lists
Ensures that critical views are created for failover
Defragments the database
Naturally the secret sauce is Domino 9 and Defrag.NSF
(C)opyright Preemptive Consulting - Respecting the intellectual property of others helps everyone.