Thursday, November 20, 2008

Exterminate all duplicate attachments. Exterminate. Exterminate!

DAOS in Domino 8.5 is going to be so legendary that the feature will become the stuff of legend.

OK, so I borrowed a line from Kung Fu Panda - but I'm serious. How do I know this? Because we have been doing it for years in our Preemptive Email Vault product.

The storage savings will be enormous, there will be massive I/O reductions, and backup times will plummet. In a later blog I will do a comparison between the DAOS and the Vault, but for now get Domino 8.5 into your rollout plans.

It is a no-brainer upgrade with heaps to gain and nothing to lose.

Now for the marketing - it has good to be cool and get mind share. So here is my suggestion:



IBM, get your hands on Davros and a couple of Daleks. Then go with the punch line - "Exterminate all duplicate attachments. Exterminate. Exterminate!"

No comments: